Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers College Advising Online Courses designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California!
Courses are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings. Whether you are new to the field or want to stay informed on policies and best practices, there is a course for you!
NOTE: This course is updated when new system applications are open (typically by August 15th)!
Last updated: August 2021
- High Quality
- Self Paced
- Includes Resources
- Course can be completed in 2-3 hours
Welcome to the Understanding the CSU, UC and Common Undergraduate Application Course!
Completing this course will prepare you to guide high school seniors as they complete their CSU, UC and Common undergraduate applications!
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand how to help students prepare to complete their CSU, UC and Common applications
- Understand the general layout of both applications
- Review typically "tricky" aspects of the applications
- Review tools and recommendations that will help students successfully complete a thorough application
- Review the CSU Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) application
- Review the UC Personal Insight Questions and the Common App Essay Prompts
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of course requirements and feedback form, you will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for this course (noting 3 hours of professional development).