Helping Students Become Competitive College Applicants (Online Course)
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers College Advising Online Courses designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California!
Courses are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings. Whether you are new to the field or want to stay informed on policies and best practices, there is a course for you!
- High Quality
- Self Paced
- Includes Resources
- Course can be completed in 2-3 hours
Welcome to the Helping Students Become Competitive College Applicants Course!
Completing this course will help you guide students towards making a plan and taking the steps necessary to have as many post-secondary options as possible!
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand factors that make a student eligible to apply to the California State University (CSU) and the University of California (UC) systems.
- Understand how a student can stand out amongst their peers and move beyond being simply eligible to apply, to becoming a competitive applicant.
- Understand how CSU admission policies can result in higher standards for students.
- Understand the overall UC admissions approach.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of course requirements and feedback form, you will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for this course (noting 3 hours of professional development).