Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers College Advising Online Courses designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California!
Courses are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings. Whether you are new to the field or want to stay informed on policies and best practices, there is a course for you!
- High Quality
- Self Paced
- Includes Resources
- Course can be completed in 2-3 hours
Welcome to the Supporting Students in Creating a College & Major List Course!
Completing this course will prepare you to guide students in generating a solid college and major list that includes safety, target and reach schools!
Course Learning Objectives:
- understand the concept of safety, target and reach schools (specifically within the UC and CSU systems);
- review general recommendations for creating a college & major list;
- understand that a list is a powerful tool allowing students to gather data, explore online resources and research schools and majors; and
- consider a sample college / major list templates for use with students.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of course requirements and feedback form, you will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for this course (noting 3 hours of professional development).