Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers year-round College Advising Virtual Training designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California! Our 2-hour training sessions are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings.
- Synchronous (live session)
- Slide-decks provided (post-session)
- Includes resources
Access to the Training Session:
- The day before the training, all registered participants will receive a calendar invitation with the zoom link.
- If for any reason, you do not receive it, please email email@example.com
March 10th: Supporting High School Seniors in Accepting Admission & Securing Financial Aid
- Review recommended steps in the preparation and facilitation of 1:1 college acceptance meetings with seniors.
- Understand how to prepare for 1:1 senior acceptance meetings.
- Understand the most important steps in the acceptance process including reviewing financial aid awards, updating WebGrants account, registering for the UC Analytical Writing Placement Examination (AWPE), registering for CSU Early Start, AB540 documentation, continuing IEP services in college, etc.
Questions should be sent to:
Dr. Claudia Aguilar - firstname.lastname@example.org