9th GRADE STUDENT CURRICULUM OVERVIEW (this listing is for students in CALIFORNIA)
For students OUTSIDE of California, access the following listing: (9th) FFWD to College Student Curriculum (Out of California)
Fast Forward to College (▸▸FWD): 25 Minutes at a Time
- Part of a K-12 college knowledge curriculum designed for use in any setting (i.e. advisory, homeroom, classroom, after school, summer program, etc.).
- Developmentally appropriate interactive and easy to implement lessons and activities.
- 25-minute lessons designed for use in school, community and/or after school settings.
- Based on a college-going framework to increase college and career readiness by fostering college aspirations, teaching college knowledge, supporting the college planning process.
- 30 sequenced lessons are organized by themes, build on each other throughout the year, and increase in depth and rigor each year.
- The curriculum includes pre and post student surveys to assess learning.
- The curriculum includes lesson plans, handouts, presentations(when needed), and optional extension activities.
- The curriculum is revised annually to update resources and reflect changes in admission and financial aid policy.