Fast Forward to College (▸▸FWD): 25 Minutes at a Time
- Part of a K-12 college knowledge curriculum designed for use in any setting (i.e. advisory, homeroom, classroom, after school, summer program, etc.).
- Developmentally appropriate interactive and easy to implement lessons and activities.
- 25-minute lessons designed for use in school, community and/or after school settings.
- Based on a college-going framework to increase college and career readiness by fostering college aspirations, teaching college knowledge, supporting the college planning process.
- Sequenced lessons are organized by themes, build on each other throughout the year, and increase in depth and rigor each year.
- Aligned to Common Core, ELD and Social-Emotional Learning competencies.
- The curriculum includes end of year student activities to assess learning.
- The curriculum includes lesson plans, handouts, presentations(when needed), and optional extension activities.
- There are 15 lessons for (Kinder-2nd) grade span and 15 lessons for (3rd-5th) grade span.
Purchasing this curriculum gives you FREE access to the ELEMENTARY PARENT Curriculum: College Conversations: Empowering Families to Support Student Aspirations
These community conversations “workshops” were created by UC Berkeley Center for Educational Partnerships to meet the needs of parents and families throughout the K-12 experience. These conversations are part of a college-going framework that includes increasing College Aspirations, College Knowledge and College Planning.
The elementary school workshops are focused on College Aspirations, middle school workshops are focused on College Aspirations and College Knowledge, and high school workshops are focused on College Knowledge and College Planning.
- College Aspirations: We want ALL students to see themselves in college and know that they can be successful in any post-secondary option they choose.
- College Knowledge: Once students have developed the pre-disposition to college-going, they need access to college knowledge connecting their aspirations to reality.
- College Planning: With college knowledge in place, students will have the necessary foundation to plan their academic futures.