Full course description
UC Berkely's Center for Educational Partnerships offers College Advising Online Courses designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California!
Courses are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings. Whether you are new to the field or want to stay informed on policies and best practices, there is a course for you!
- High Quality
- Self Paced
- Includes Resources
- Course can be completed in 2-3 hours
Welcome to the Helping Students Apply for Financial Aid Course!
Completing this course will help you guide high school seniors as they complete their financial aid applications!
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand the types of federal and state financial aid available to students
- Understand the process and requirements for completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and tips/tools available for FAFSA completion
- Understand process and requirements for completing the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) and tips/tools available for CADAA completion
- Understand the process for completing the CSS Profile and utilizing the IDOC Documentation Service
- Review resources and ideas for supporting families in completing their financial aid applications
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of course requirements and feedback form, you will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for this course (noting 3 hours of professional development).