Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers College Advising Online Courses designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California!
Courses are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings. Whether you are new to the field or want to stay informed on policies and best practices, there is a course for you!
- High Quality
- Self Paced
- Includes Resources
- Course can be completed in 2-3 hours
Welcome to the Helping Special Education Students Prepare and Apply to College Course!
Completing this course will prepare you to effectively lead students enrolled in special education as they prepare for and apply to college!
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand important terms associated with Special Education
- Review opportunities for collaboration with the IEP, Special Education, or Resource Teacher.
- Understand the process for requesting modified testing accommodations for key college entrance exams (PSAT, ACT, SAT, and AP).
- Review strategies for supporting students as they complete college-related applications (Financial Aid and admissions).
- Review strategies for supporting students to secure the continuation of learning accommodations at their future college.
Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of course requirements and feedback form, you will be able to download a Certificate of Completion for this course (noting 3 hours of professional development).