Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers year-round College Advising Virtual Training designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California! Our 2-hour training sessions are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings.
- Synchronous (live session)
- Slide-decks provided (post-session)
- Includes resources
Access to the Training Session:
- The day before the training, all registered participants will receive a calendar invitation with the zoom link.
- If for any reason, you do not receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 14th: Preparing High School Juniors for the Fall Timeline / Selecting a Major / Creating a College & Major List
- Understand the typical steps a student must complete relating to the college admissions and financial aid application process.
- Review various ways to organize lists a college list (by systems and by Safety/Target/Reach).
- Review general recommendations for creating a college & major list.
- Understand that a list is a powerful tool allowing students to gather data, explore online resources, and research schools and majors.
- Consider a sample college / major list templates for use with students.
Questions should be sent to:
Dr. Claudia Aguilar - email@example.com