Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers year-round College Advising Virtual Training designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California! Our 2-hour training sessions are designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings.
- Synchronous (live session)
- Slide-decks provided (post-session)
- Includes resources
Access to the Training Session:
- The day before the training, all registered participants will receive a calendar invitation with the zoom link.
- If for any reason, you do not receive it, please email email@example.com
May 12th: Preventing Summer Melt (Best Practices for Summer College Transition Efforts)
- Understand what summer melt is and how it impacts students.
- Review high-level best practices when working with students to avoid summer melt (including communication strategies).
- Review the key focus areas and general steps required for successful college enrollment.
- Review program development areas to be considered when launching a summer melt initiative.
- Review sample tools and resources helpful when working with students.
Questions should be sent to:
Dr. Claudia Aguilar - firstname.lastname@example.org