Full course description
UC Berkeley's Center for Educational Partnerships offers year-round College Advising Virtual Training designed for college access professionals and high school counselors in California! Our training session is designed by college advising experts for new and experienced college access professionals and counselors in schools and community settings.
- Synchronous (live session)
- Slide-decks provided (post-session)
- Includes resources
Access to the Training Session:
- The day before the training, all registered participants will receive a calendar invitation with the zoom link.
- If for any reason, you do not receive it, please email email@example.com
May 10th: Preventing Summer Melt (Best Practices for Summer College Transition Efforts)
- Understand what summer melt is and how it impacts students.
- Review high-level best practices when working with students to avoid summer melt (including communication strategies).
- Review the key focus areas and general steps required for successful college enrollment.
- Review program development areas to be considered when launching a summer melt initiative.
- Review sample tools and resources helpful when working with students.
Questions should be sent to:
Dr. Claudia Aguilar - firstname.lastname@example.org